HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

NZAFTA sanctioned GRAND PRIX SERIES 2015. RULES.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
(pink)MIST

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA sanctioned GRAND PRIX SERIES 2015. RULES.   Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:42 pm

Range fees will be set by the host clubs. Much the same way the qual rounds range fees were, some clubs charge less than others, but should reflect what they're putting on.
Each host club should post details leading up to their shoot, just as they have before, part of which would be making known the range fee for that day.

Brett

Back to top Go down
http://nzafta.forumotion.co.nz
AlexW

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA sanctioned GRAND PRIX SERIES 2015. RULES.   Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:53 pm

If they can justify charging $20 per shoot, and use it to put on a BBQ or something that's fine. My concern it that it doesn't turn into a revenue gathering exercise, keeping in mind NZAFTA's position as a non-profit organisation.
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA sanctioned GRAND PRIX SERIES 2015. RULES.   Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:04 pm

$20 is to much, Im gluten free so cant eat a lot of the food provided, I think if clubs are going to cater they need to cater for everyone, gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian etc, otherwise a minimal fee of $10 is reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Dajo

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA sanctioned GRAND PRIX SERIES 2015. RULES.   Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:16 pm

When the clubs announce details of their GP Series round they will also name the club range fee payable. It's not fixed and is up to the club concerned.

What they should cater for and so on is also entirely up to them and is not always an indication of what refreshments will be available but rather the expenses the club has to fork out over a season and that will change with each club and their particular situation.

DaveJ.
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA sanctioned GRAND PRIX SERIES 2015. RULES.   Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:26 pm

Could you tell me what expenses clubs need to fork out for as really these GP shoots are just like another range day!
Back to top Go down
AlexW

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA sanctioned GRAND PRIX SERIES 2015. RULES.   Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:51 pm

Dajo wrote:

What they should cater for and so on is also entirely up to them and is not always an indication of what refreshments will be available but rather the expenses the club has to fork out over a season and that will change with each club and their particular situation.

My impression of the GP series was that it would operate like a normal range day, where GP entrants have their score recorded. With $25 per day WAGC held an entire national event!
Back to top Go down
X2

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA sanctioned GRAND PRIX SERIES 2015. RULES.   Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:57 pm

I will not be entering the GP comp. I thought it was a way of encouraging shooters to travel to other clubs and have a bit of fun with other club s members, I do not see the justification for putting up prices because it is a GP day, you are asking people to pay up front $40 registration ( no problem), without knowing how much it is going to cost you for the rest, Taranaki and Waikato have posted there entry fee, but no one else.
If it costs $25 to enter the nationals the sums don`t add up to pay 20 for a 1/4 of a comp.
And before anyone accuses me of being a tight arse it is not the money , it is the principle .
I plan on shooting the nationals in Wellington and am looking forward to it, do those that are shooting the nationals and the GP series final round have to pay more because of the GP part.

Good luck to all entrants I hope the weather is good and the shooting better.

Peter Chubb
Back to top Go down
Dajo

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA sanctioned GRAND PRIX SERIES 2015. RULES.   Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:07 pm

You should know that already Brian, for your club at least. Our club has considerable expense every week just to keep the range shootable. Each club will be different.

DaveJ.
Back to top Go down
Dajo

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA sanctioned GRAND PRIX SERIES 2015. RULES.   Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:58 pm

X2 wrote:
I will not be entering the GP comp. I thought it was a way of encouraging shooters to travel to other clubs and have a bit of fun with other club s members, I do not see the justification for putting up prices because it is a GP day, you are asking people to pay up front $40 registration ( no problem), without knowing how much it is going to cost you for the rest, Taranaki and Waikato have posted there entry fee, but no one else.
If it costs $25 to enter the nationals  the sums don`t add up to pay 20 for  a 1/4 of a comp.
And before anyone accuses me of being a tight arse  it is not the money , it is the principle .
I plan on shooting the nationals in Wellington and am looking forward to it, do those that are shooting the nationals and the GP series final round have to pay more because of the GP part.

Good luck to all entrants I hope the weather is good and the shooting better.

Peter Chubb

Hi Peter,

The point to the Grand Prix Series wasn't to go to other clubs for some fun, that is what club days are for and on normal club days I'm sure any club in the country will welcome you with open arms for a fun shoot.

The Grand Prix Series is there for those competitive shooters in the sport. To get them used to the rigors of competition shooting including the travel, places to stay and all the other pressures involved with modern competition shooting with a view to improving our competitive performance in the international arena.

The National Titles are available for any financial member to shoot and will be held on the same day as the Grand Prix Series Final round. So, you can still win a National title without any qualification necessary except membership to a club. No one has put a price for the fee for the Nationals as yet and the price of that will be advertised with plenty of notice. It will be in Wellington which will involve travel and perhaps an overnight stay somewhere, an expense all our Wellington shooters have to fork out for every shoot which is not in Wellington, so, we know the expense very, very well. Oh, there is only one club fee charged by each club for each shoot. So, in the Nationals and the Grand Prix Finals the fee is the same even if your shooting both the Nats and GP. The fee is not for the competition it's for the club that puts the shoot on.

DaveJ.

DaveJ.
Back to top Go down
(pink)MIST

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA sanctioned GRAND PRIX SERIES 2015. RULES.   Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:16 pm

The dollar values used in this conversation regarding what clubs range fees will be, are all hypothetical.
5, 10, 15, 20..... What a club sets as its range fee for the day is (as with any range day) set by the club hosting, and in relation to their clubs costs, or anything they are providing.
If a club sets a range fee of $10 for that day, like wagc has done for their first round, then that is the range fee for that day.
If a club has a better financial standing, and a lower operational cost , they may do it for less.
(Wouldn't it be great to just have a gold coin donation

Back to top Go down
AlexW

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA sanctioned GRAND PRIX SERIES 2015. RULES.   Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:25 pm

How can you say the range fees are hypothetical? TARC has listed their entry fee as $20. As Dave has said, that could be used entirely as range maintenance costs. If that's what it costs for TARC to run every single range day, there is no option but to set the range fees that high.
Back to top Go down
(pink)MIST

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA sanctioned GRAND PRIX SERIES 2015. RULES.   Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:46 pm

Alex, I didn't say the clubs range fees for the day were hypothetical, but the numbers we had used in this thread prior to any clubs stating the range fees they were setting for their shoot.

Every club has their own fees, they are not set by NZAFTA.
Some clubs have higher range fees than others, some vary depending on what they're hosting.
The only way you'll know why each club has the range fee set at the price they have, is to talk with the president , secretary, or club rep from each particular club.

Brett

Back to top Go down

NZAFTA sanctioned GRAND PRIX SERIES 2015. RULES.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2