HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

NZAFTA National Championships 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
robcawood

PostSubject: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:48 pm

WHEN: SATURDAY 24th October 2015 (Springer)
         SUNDAY 25th October 2015 (PCP)

WHERE: NHAGC, entrance opposite 67 Churchouse Road, Greenhithe, Auckland (go through gate and follow road to the end)

STARTING TIME: 09.30am – Sighting in
                      10.15am – Shooters Briefing
                      10.30am – Shooting Starts

ENTRY COST:    $45 for both days or $25 for one day
CLASSES:         PCP - HP / 12ftlb
                     Spring – HP / 12ftlb

All rifles will be chronied to make sure they comply with the class limits you are shooting in. Please note there is a 28ft/lb limit and no rifles must exceed this.
PCP shooters must present a valid Firearms Licence and juniors shooting must be supervised by an adult.

Closing date for entries will be 16th October 2015. No entries will be allowed on the day, so make sure you get your entry in by the closing date.

Once you have deposited the entry fee email the completed entry form to: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Link to downloadable entry form:    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(If you are unable to complete the entry form and return it by email, then please copy the text at the bottom and add your details and PM it to me)

Bank Details:

North Harbour Air Gun Club
12-3087-0119808-00

More info:
* We will be shooting through without a lunch break, so be prepared to shoot the 50 shot course without a break.
* A BBQ will be provided on each day after shooting has concluded
* Last years winners are asked to return all trophies before shooting starts
* Nationals will be run under NZAFTA rules, club rules and/or standing orders will also apply
* Please supply the details regarding the equipment you will be using and I will add it to the list of entrants
* I will update the entrants lists as often as possible

Entry form:

NAME: ...........................

ADDRESS: ........................

PHONE: ..........................

CLASS: PCP - HP / 12ftlb (circle one)

: Spring – HP / 12ftlb (circle class)

EQUIPMENT: RIFLE                 SCOPE                PELLET

: …………………………            ……………………..          ………………..

: …………………………         ……………………..          ………………..

Rob Cawood

Last edited by robcawood on Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Davey
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:06 pm

Hi Rob,

I'll be shooting Springer and PCP but unsure which of my 2 Springers I'll use yet, alright if I just put Undecided on the equipment list?
Back to top Go down
robcawood

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:10 pm

Yep, I just thought it would be nice for everyone to see who is using what.

I know in the past people have asked, especially the non-FT shooters on nzairgun.co.nz. I think it helps them to know what works best.

Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:42 pm

Definitely, I'm a fan too of equipment lists, just wanted to make sure the entry wasn't binding.

Also in the past if 12ft/lb shooters have chronied above their limit then NZAFTA/host club have generally agreed to bump them to Open class. Have NHAGC/NZAFTA discussed what they plan to do in this situation?

Just asking. Smile
Back to top Go down
robcawood

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:38 pm

Hi Davey

Yep, this should not be a problem. The registrations are mainly so that we know how many people to expect on each day.

Regards

Rob

Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:57 am

Just had a thought Rob, you'll need to collect club membership as the requirements of the Mann Challenge Cup (team trophy) require entrants to pre-decide which club they are shooting for. (esp important for those with multiple memberships)
Back to top Go down
robcawood

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:24 am

I will add a field to the spreadsheet and ask people as they register... I don't want to go editing the Entry form etc. as it has been in circulation for a bit now anyway.

Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:55 am

Yeah that's fair enough
Back to top Go down
gecado22

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:00 pm

Hello Rob, I'm a bit confused when you say in "More info" Nationals will be run under NZAFTA rules, club rules and/or standing orders will also apply.

Surely they will be run under NZAFTA Comprehensive Rules 2014 as stated in NZAFTA Documents:

"The New Zealand Airgun Field Target Association (NZAFTA) is affiliated to the World Field Target Federation (WFTF) and as such its rules shall be in line with those of the WFTF, except where amended to suit New Zealand conditions and preferences.These Rules shall apply to all NZAFTA sanctioned Field Target events and to the annual National Championships. Affiliated clubs are encouraged to use these rules at all shoots as a way to get potential Competitors familiar with them".

Doesn't this mean they will be run under WFTF rules?
Back to top Go down
robcawood

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:12 pm

Hi Brian

The local rules and standing orders normally apply to the specific safety requirements of the club/venue.

For example a venue might have a requirement to keep all rifles pointed below the horizontal when loaded etc.

Any local rules/ standing orders will be covered in the briefing.

Ps... last year at Waikato it was worded as follows "Nationals will be run under WFTF rules also WAGC local rules apply"

Hope this helps.

Rob

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:58 pm

robcawood wrote:
Hi Brian

The local rules and standing orders normally apply to the specific safety requirements of the  club/venue.

For example a venue might have a requirement to keep all rifles pointed below the horizontal when loaded etc.

Any local rules/ standing orders will be covered in the briefing.

Ps... last year at Waikato it was worded as follows "Nationals will be run under WFTF rules also WAGC local rules apply"

Hope this helps.

Rob

Last edited by shooter1 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
robcawood

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:31 pm

Brian,

I am confused, I was simply explaining to BrianA that the local rules pertain to the safety requirements for the local venue. Which is exactly what you have said above.

Was there an HP class at last years Nationals? If there was, then it was shot under NZAFTA Rules as 12ftlb is the limit in WFTF Rules.

1.1.1 Air rifles (PCP or Springer) with an output not exceeding 12 ft/lbs (16.3 Joule), and which are in safe working condition may be used.

So if we were to shoot under WFTF rules then we would have a 12ftlb limit.

Even more confusing is that I had originally worded the rules as "Nationals will be run under WFTF rules" and the only reason why I changed it was because you queried it by email "Are you definitely shooting the Nationals to WFTA RULES? "

So I emailed Brett for clarification and we changed the wording to the current wording, to which you replied "Yea that's all gud, could you tell me where I can find a copy of the NZAFTA RULEs THAT WE ARE GOING BY THAT ARE CURRENT."

So now on the public forum you are asking for WFTF rules again, which is what I had originally posted.

Can you guys please make up your minds!!! Tell me how you want it worded and I will change it... because right now I have had enough!

Between Facebook, NZAFTA Forum and NZAIRGUN the Nationals invite has received over 150 views and the only questions that I have received is from yourself and BrianA and to be honest they are getting a bit personal.

SO WHAT EXACTLY IS YOUR AGENDA!!!

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:00 pm

Yo,

Stupid question time. For pcp's that have a shot count less than 50, will it be ok to fill up during the round, or are we expected to cart a bottle around? Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down
robcawood

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:11 am

Hi Paul

You can fill up any time, just try to plan it in advance so you don't need to work from one end of the course to the other for a fill. It won't do your heart rate any good.

I will make sure NHAGC provide enough air, just make sure you bring all the necessary fill adapters.

Rob

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:13 am

I have a question, I cant see if anyone has asked it yet so I am asking it now.

From what i see the Nats and the last round of the GP are on the same weekend? how to you plan on managing that? if people want to shoot both classes in the nats this would mean they cant or they would have to give up the last round to shoot in the nats because in the nats, the springers are on Saturday and the PCP is on Sunday which is the same day as the GP round? or are you shooting the course twice on Sunday? how will this work?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kiwiairgunners.co.nz
(pink)MIST

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:22 pm

If the GP scores had presented themselves with a scenario where a person was in a position to take either class depending on their score for each day, it would've been asked to nominate the class to count towards GP .
This scenario hasn't arisen, so all GP entrants will be placed accordingly per day/class, and final positions will be determined by each shooters top 4 positions/points over the series.

There's a couple of positions per class that could go either way and performance on the day will be a deciding factor, but overall there's a seperation of who's got enough points/placings per class to decide the final positions.

GP registered shooters, both days count but only towards the class's shot on that day (springer day counts towards springer etc) only each persons top 4 placings determine final positions . Eg: I've shot springer all year, I could shoot pcp as a GP round on Sunday, and get a placing for that round, but would drop that placing in favour of having better springer placings add up.

Back to top Go down
http://nzafta.forumotion.co.nz
Davey
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:15 pm

Clear as mud.

Just to confirm:

GP shooters registered for Springer in the GP shoot their final round on the Saturday as part of Springer comp at Nats? and the same for PCPs on the Sunday in the PCP comp, is that correct?

That's how I read your statement.
Back to top Go down
(pink)MIST

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:53 pm

If someone had shot 3 rounds of springer, and 3 rounds of pcp, they could have effectively used the last round(s) to decide which class they were counting points towards .

As the last of the GP is in conjunction with the nats, both days are GP round 7 (with the two classed seperate do by day1/day2)
All registered GP entrants will recieve a placing certificate for either or both days, depending on which they shoot.

Only one of the scores will count towards final GP position , because any given shooter needs there top 4 placings (in said class) to count towards final GP position.

Back to top Go down
nunga

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:42 pm

If the people who organized this would of explained this from the start there wouldnt be any of this confusion. The PG calendar says the last round is on the sunday which gives me the impression that both PCP and Springer shoot on that day but this is not the case.

Next question, Do us GP shooters have to pay twice for this shoot? there is the Nats entry fee that has to be paid but then there is the GP series that we normally pay for as well. What happens with that? do we have to pay the GP and the nats even tho they are been shot at the same time? I need to know if i need to bring extra cash with me.

Cheers!!
Back to top Go down
(pink)MIST

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:31 pm

With this being the first year running the gp, ratber than qualifier rounds, we expected to find kinks that can be changed for future seasons.
When this seasons calendar was posted we had no secured date or host club for the nationals, so the date and day put there was just an approximation. Being that the gp final is in conjunction with the nats, it will follow the nats format of Springer on day 1, and pcp on day 2.
No advantage gp wise to be had, as all the same class will shoot the same course on the same day, Springer scores wont affect pcp and vice versa.

As for entry fees, no there will not be any extra entry fees charged for the gp round(s) held in conjunction with the nationals. As per all shoots, gp, nationals, club days etc, you pay your entry/range fee for the day that the host club has set for that shoot. In this instance NHAGC as hosts of the nationals have set the entry fee for the nationals, and nzafta will not be asking for anything extra.

Dave has some ideas regarding the calendar for next year, which im sure he'll put forward shortly, seperating the gp and the nats at the end of the year is sure to be one of them.

Looking forward to shooting with everyone again, see you all there

Brett

Back to top Go down
robcawood

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Hi Nunga

Just to confirm, there is no registration on the day, all registrations are in advance as per the original post.

So no cash needed on the day.

Regards

Rob

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:03 pm

Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
robcawood

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:54 am

Reminder to all... Registrations are closing in 6 days, so please get them in ASAP.

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA National Championships 2015   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1