HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

NZAFTA SANCTIONED GRAND PRIX SERIES 2016 CALENDAR.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dajo

PostSubject: NZAFTA SANCTIONED GRAND PRIX SERIES 2016 CALENDAR.   Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

It's time once again to compile the calendar for the GRAND PRIX SERIES 2016 competition. For 2016 it was agreed at the AGM that the competition would start in February and run through to the final in November.

It is envisaged that we could get ten rounds with the final two rounds being held on the same weekend in November. This would leave the four main clubs shooting two rounds each. Hopefully we can arrange the rounds to spread out through the year a little more evenly than was the case last year. So, would club reps please keep this in mind when sorting their club's calendar.

Hopefully we can get ten rounds in with the highest six scores counting toward the final score. This would give shooters the opportunity to take time out for up to four rounds.

Could the club reps forward their preferred calendar to me as soon as possible please so we can publish the GP Series full calendar. One club would be required to run the double final rounds in November.

Thanks,

DaveJ.
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA SANCTIONED GRAND PRIX SERIES 2016 CALENDAR.   Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:20 pm

Dajo wrote:
Hi Everyone,

It's time once again to compile the calendar for the GRAND PRIX SERIES 2016 competition. For 2016 it was agreed at the AGM that the competition would start in February and run through to the final in November.

It is envisaged that we could get ten rounds with the final two rounds being held on the same weekend in November. This would leave the four main clubs shooting two rounds each. Hopefully we can arrange the rounds to spread out through the year a little more evenly than was the case last year. So, would club reps please keep this in mind when sorting their club's calendar.

Hopefully we can get ten rounds in with the highest six scores counting toward the final score. This would give shooters the opportunity to take time out for up to four rounds.

Could the club reps forward their preferred calendar to me as soon as possible please so we can publish the GP Series full calendar. One club would be required to run the double final rounds in November.

Thanks,

DaveJ.

Dave

Waikato will do Feb 21st and April 3rd.

Brian
Back to top Go down
Dajo

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA SANCTIONED GRAND PRIX SERIES 2016 CALENDAR.   Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:45 pm

Thanks Brian,

Those dates will go onto the calendar and that's WAGC sorted, nice to have the dates in so fast, thanks.

DaveJ.
Back to top Go down
robcawood

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA SANCTIONED GRAND PRIX SERIES 2016 CALENDAR.   Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:52 am

Hi Dave

We will be finalizing our Calendar at our end of year shoot on the 6th December. So we will be able to provide our suggested dates then.

We were hoping to spread the shoots through both seasons, i.e. 1 summer shoot and 1 winter shoot, to avoid a lull during winter.

Regards

Rob

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA SANCTIONED GRAND PRIX SERIES 2016 CALENDAR.   Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:53 am

Hi Rob,

Yeah, that's fine. I think we're doing the same to avoid too big a gap. WAG will be doing the final double round. Hopefully at two different venues but more on that later.

Regards,
DaveJ.
Back to top Go down
gunmum

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA SANCTIONED GRAND PRIX SERIES 2016 CALENDAR.   Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:04 pm

Piako will host 3 rounds if needed
Waitangi weekend sunday in Feb
Last Sunday in May and
last Sunday in Sept
Back to top Go down
Dajo

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA SANCTIONED GRAND PRIX SERIES 2016 CALENDAR.   Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:45 am

gunmum wrote:
Last Sunday in May and
last Sunday in Sept

I have PIAKO club down for your choice in May and September and will add the Waitangi day week end if necessary in January. Just want to see how NHAGC and WAG choices go.

DaveJ.
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA SANCTIONED GRAND PRIX SERIES 2016 CALENDAR.   Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:44 pm

Dajo wrote:
gunmum wrote:
Last Sunday in May and
last Sunday in Sept

I have PIAKO club down for your choice in May and September and will add the Waitangi day week end if necessary in January. Just want to see how NHAGC and WAG choices go.

DaveJ.

Dave

The weekend of Waitangi weekend is one of our range days as per normal and would prefer we don't have to make a choice of which shoot to go to.

Cheers

Brian
Back to top Go down
Dajo

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA SANCTIONED GRAND PRIX SERIES 2016 CALENDAR.   Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:14 pm

shooter1 wrote:
Dajo wrote:
gunmum wrote:
Last Sunday in May and
last Sunday in Sept

DaveJ.

Dave

The weekend of Waitangi weekend is one of our range days as per normal and would prefer we don't have to make a choice of which shoot to go to.

Cheers

Brian

I'm trying to keep at one round per month if at all possible and PIAKO will hold three rounds "if needed", so at the moment, with two clubs still to pick their dates, will leave it at Piako's first choice of May and September.

DaveJ.
Back to top Go down
robcawood

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA SANCTIONED GRAND PRIX SERIES 2016 CALENDAR.   Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi All

Here is a summary as I see it so far... including NHAGC dates. The days in brackets are the days between shoots.

FEB - 7 PIAKO (Maybe)
FEB - 21 WAGC (14 days)
MAR - 20 NHAGC (28 days)
APR - 3 WAGC (14 days)
MAY - 29 PIAKO (56 days)
JUN - 26 NHAGC (28 days)
JUL -
AUG -
SEP - 25 PIAKO (91 days)
OCT - 29/30 LABOR WEEKEND (Nationals?)
NOV - 2 DAY FINAL SOMETIME

We have picked 1 day in summer and 1 day in winter. I don't think it fair to leave the remaining club to have both their shoots in winter though.

Dave, I am not sure the best approach here is a first come first served but each club should pick 1 summer and 1 winter month.

A question, which club is hosting the 2 day GP final and who is hosting Nationals? I think it necessary to get those finalised before finalising the GP dates. As I would think it would make sense to have 1 in the North and 1 in the South, but the travel needs to be spread out for the GP rounds, i.e. I can manage 2 trips to Wellington but would prefer that they were spread out and not right on top of each other.

Regards

Rob

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA SANCTIONED GRAND PRIX SERIES 2016 CALENDAR.   Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:25 am

robcawood wrote:
Hi All

Here is a summary as I see it so far... including NHAGC dates. The days in brackets are the days between shoots.

FEB - 7 PIAKO (Maybe)
FEB - 21 WAGC (14 days)
MAR - 20 NHAGC (28 days)
APR - 3 WAGC (14 days)
MAY - 29 PIAKO (56 days)
JUN - 26 NHAGC (28 days)
JUL -
AUG -
SEP - 25 PIAKO (91 days)
OCT - 29/30 LABOR WEEKEND (Nationals?)
NOV - 2 DAY FINAL SOMETIME

We have picked 1 day in summer and 1 day in winter. I don't think it fair to leave the remaining club to have both their shoots in winter though.

Dave, I am not sure the best approach here is a first come first served but each club should pick 1 summer and 1 winter month.

A question, which club is hosting the 2 day GP final and who is hosting Nationals? I think it necessary to get those finalised before finalising the GP dates. As I would think it would make sense to have 1 in the North and 1 in the South, but the travel needs to be spread out for the GP rounds, i.e. I can manage 2 trips to Wellington but would prefer that they were spread out and not right on top of each other.

Regards

Rob

Hi Rob,

Have a look at the calendar on the "club reps" page, you may need to scroll down to November. WAG will be holding the two day final, Nov 19th and 20th. There will be no rounds in October as the Nationals will be held then. Wag will also be holding at least one other round, probably August, don't know about that July slot though. The PIAKO date in March is only a maybe and WAG might possibly hold one round end of April (24th) or beginning of May(1st). WAG are talking this over and we should have something definite this week hopefully. We should have the calendar finalised by Christmas. So far only five shooters have registered but still seven weeks before registrations close.

DaveJ.
Back to top Go down
robcawood

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA SANCTIONED GRAND PRIX SERIES 2016 CALENDAR.   Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi Dave

I don't have access to a "Club Reps" page.

Regards

Rob

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA SANCTIONED GRAND PRIX SERIES 2016 CALENDAR.   Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:48 pm

robcawood wrote:
Hi Dave

I don't have access to a "Club Reps" page.

Regards

Rob

Hi Rob,

OK, I take it that the March and June are your chosen dates for GP rounds. As soon as I have WAGs dates this week end I'll put the GP Calendar up under the "Shooters" section.

DaveJ.
Back to top Go down
magpie

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA SANCTIONED GRAND PRIX SERIES 2016 CALENDAR.   Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:43 pm

is the points system been decided ??
I believed there was a change in the pipeline. ..
Back to top Go down
Dajo

PostSubject: Re: NZAFTA SANCTIONED GRAND PRIX SERIES 2016 CALENDAR.   Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:34 am

magpie wrote:
is the points system been decided ??
I believed there was a change in the pipeline. ..

Hi Scott,

Yes, a change has been made for scoring in 2016. Your score will be expressed as the percentage of the highest score in that particular round. This should give better relativity between each score. So, the highest scorer in each round will get 1000 points, each after that will get the percentage of that highest score.

There is more coming re the changes for 2016 but I'll put that up a little later.

DaveJ.
Back to top Go down

NZAFTA SANCTIONED GRAND PRIX SERIES 2016 CALENDAR.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1