HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

GP series registration

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
(pink)MIST

PostSubject: GP series registration   Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:33 pm

Come on guys (and girls) , there's a close of date for this, you all need to register with Dave J if you're going to be a part of it

Brett

Back to top Go down
http://nzafta.forumotion.co.nz
robcawood

PostSubject: Re: GP series registration   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:44 am

Hi Brett

I had the same problem getting people to register for Nationals, i.e. everyone leaving it until the lat minute. This certainly doesn't help with the organising and you don't even know if everyone knows the event is taking place or that the registrations are closing.

It is possible that this is due to the money needing to be deposited at the same time as registering, but maybe it would help to separate registering and paying.

So get people to register and require the payment before the first shoot.

I personally can't understand why people leave it to the last minute, it is very frustrating. Everyone is talking about the GP starting soon, however they haven't even registered yet!

Regards

Rob

PostSubject: Re: GP series registration   Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:15 am

I will try and make contact with Grant and Andrew etc. Perhaps we could start calling a few people as I believe much like myself, this is the first chance to access the Forum in quite some time with the holidays etc.

Question: Where is the actual link to pay my registration????
Back to top Go down
Dajo

PostSubject: Re: GP series registration   Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:10 pm

In my experience the response so far has been very much like previous years, as for why ?? Your guess as good as mine.

There could well be people away on holiday but I think most know about the GP, in the case of someone genuinely not knowing then they can state their case when they do find out. Otherwise I know there are a few shooters who wont be in this years comps but other than that we have very similar numbers to last year.

DaveJ.
Back to top Go down
nunga

PostSubject: Re: GP series registration   Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:10 pm

you could make it easier for people to register like maybe post the bank account number online so you dont have to message the person to get the bank details and then wait for the reply...just post the format in which they need to make the deposit. like first name and last name with pcp or springer on the bank details when you make the deposit. that will speed things up a bit Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.kiwiairgunners.co.nz
Carlostrophe

PostSubject: Re: GP series registration   Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:25 pm

I would have to agree with Ian
Back to top Go down
Dajo

PostSubject: Re: GP series registration   Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:18 pm

Well Ian and Carl,

To be honest, Brett did say to publish the account details but I'm a bit old fashioned here and don't like publishing peoples banking details for the world to see. That's just me I'm afraid but do you really think it would speed things up ?? I don't think so, it would be just one thing less for someone to do. I've given the account details to another ten shooters but I don't think it has made them register any faster, other wise they would be confirmed and on the list by now.

It really doesn't matter so long as everyone is registered by Jan 19th, a month before kick off. We need to know what funds we have and there is still another announcement to make re the competition so, everything is going OK. I expect to have a total of around 21 shooters for this years comp. More would be good but some have left the sport and not been replaced and of the 24 registered for last year comp only around 20 actually competed on a regular basis.

DaveJ.
Back to top Go down
Pauly5

PostSubject: Re: GP series registration   Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:00 pm

Is it possible to send a generic email to all on the forum about registration, rather than rely on everyone checking the forum.
Put a link in it to the forum thread with bank details, or include bank details to avoid email becoming spam, or just make it a reminder.
Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Dajo

PostSubject: Re: GP series registration   Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:17 am

Well Paul, I guess there probably is a way to do what your suggesting but really, I don't think it would make any more shooters available. There are only around 30 participants all up and if we see 20 of them in the competition this season it would be good but I guess there is that inconvenience of clicking on to the forum to actually find out what's happening.

DaveJ.

Back to top Go down

GP series registration
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1