HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Gp Series round 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shooter1

PostSubject: Gp Series round 1   Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:43 am

While only a limited number of shooters fronting up for round 1 at Piako yesterday the day provided one of the best shooting exhibitions by the winner I have ever seen in somewhat sunny,hot,and tricky gusty conditions.

It felt strange not shooting but I enjoyed the day and as one of the Range Officer's (first time in 25 yrs) and on the day I noticed several shooting patterns and styles that interested me but more important how shooters were struggling with the wind, just like I do!

After the sighting period I went to retrieve the targets and was amazed at the groups shot at the 45yd mark,the wind was blowing quite bad right to left and the groups shot were scattered with the best being around 4" or 100mm.

My initial thoughts were that if anyone shot 45 on the day it would be fantastic shooting but conditions changed and I quickly thought 40 would be average across the top shooters, so the winners score was unbelievable in the conditions, especially the Standers they were extremely challenging.

I won't mention the score as this will spoil the full results when released but felt the urge to report what I saw on the day and the calmness of the shooter which I'm sure contributed to a brilliant exhibition of F/T shooting.

The top 3 shot very well indeed and the balance of the shooters also performed with merit in the conditions, just a word to all those who were disappointed with their score...Don't Be! at least you were there..gave your best, socialized and learn't a bit more about the wind...hopefully!

Shooting is not just being a good shot, it's a massive mind game so your mental fitness plays a big part on how you perform....for instance I have spoken to shooters who say things like:

I had a bad shoot last time so hopefully it's better today!  Did they bother to find out what made it bad??? and why wasn't it corrected.

I give up I just can't hit anything! I only seem to get the close ones!  Are they range finding and calibrating their scope properly???

Oh well will see what happens next range day! Poor attitude and will never improve!

I personally think a lot of guys are to scared to ask a top shooter for help, they just plod along, don't really improve at all and get frustrated when they don't perform...JUST ASK I'M SURE YOU WILL GET GOOD HELPFUL ADVICE.

You must go into a shoot Positive and you don't need to beat a top shooter to improve.....just beat your last score and Never give up if even if you miss an easy one, finish the round positively ..remember 49 is better than 48.

Have trouble reading the wind????? WELL GET OUT THERE AND PRACTICE IN IT! put it on paper as it will help you learn.

Remember if your score is down probably the majority of shooters at your level are the same! Stay Positive no matter what otherwise the only person you beat on the day is Yourself!

Good luck to all for North Harbour

Shooter
Back to top Go down
Davey
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gp Series round 1   Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:09 pm

Great advice, and thanks for making yourself available to RO Brian.

Piako is never as easy to shoot as it looks, in my experience there.
Back to top Go down
(pink)MIST

PostSubject: Re: Gp Series round 1   Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:54 am

Great write up Brian , and your help on the day is much appreciated .
An unforeseen situation meant I couldn't even attend in any capacity, sounds like I missed an interesting shoot with some good displays of prowess.
Thank you to all that attended, in any capacity or role, and well done to those that found a way to beat the piako breeze Smile

Back to top Go down
http://nzafta.forumotion.co.nz
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: Gp Series round 1   Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:41 am

(pink)MIST wrote:
Great write up Brian , and your help on the day is much appreciated .

An unforeseen situation meant I couldn't even attend in any capacity, sounds like I missed an interesting shoot with some good displays of prowess.
Thank you to all that attended, in any capacity or role, and well done to those that found a way to beat the piako breeze Smile

Cheers Brett and hope it's helpful to any shooter wishing to improve, unfortunately it won't be me as I had a second operation on my hand yesterday and I will be out for some time they tell me..so bloody frustrated as I thought it was finally coming right.

Oh well next year I try a come back with vengeance for lost time.

Being R/O at F/T EVENT was not only enjoyable but a new learning curve for me observing all methods of shooting disciplines, techniques, and some shooters approach to their next lane of targets.

Interesting and will help again when I can

Shooter
Back to top Go down

Gp Series round 1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1