HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

GP SERIES RD3 WAIKATO RESULTS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shooter1

PostSubject: GP SERIES RD3 WAIKATO RESULTS   Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:54 pm

Hey

When I got up this morning I couldn't even see my neighbors place next door through the heavy fog and thought what a miserable Waikato day it's going to be, but after a few prayers (on my knees of course) to JC UP TOP and he looked down on me and said Ill see what I can do..

Well he did it right as they day gradually progressed to be almost windless and quite warm indeed, making it almost perfect conditions for F/T.

Only 13 shooters but some good shooting all the same and while I though in the conditions a possible 48 was on the cards I had to settle with a couple of 45's.

While I was very pleased with safety feature of rifles being checked and transported etc, the use of timers had me baffled, some were waiting for the shooter to give them the ok before starting the timer even though they had been seated and settled ready to range.

This needs to be addressed smartly:

SITTING: TIMER STARTS AS SOON AS SHOOTER FIRST SITS ON THEIR SEAT

KNEELING/STANDING: TIMER STARTS WHEN SCOPE IF FIRST PUT TO THE EYE

COMON GUYS YOU SHOULD ALL KNOW THIS BY NOW!  NO EXCUSES

Some were even forgetting to start the timers and again after a stoppage...crazy guys more concentration needed!

Shooting targets out of order: this happened a bit also and even bringing it up at the brief some still failed to read the numbers correctly...and lost targets for it!

Other than that the day went well and thanks to everyone for their help after the shoot.

RESULTS:

PCP

GRANT BAGULEY      45        1st=

ROB CAWOOD         45        1st=

ANDY EVANS           42        2nd

ANDREW NG            41        3rd

MAURICE HEDGER     40        4th   Highly commended!

CARL ROBINSON       37       5th

ALEX MAGON           30       6th=

NATALIE T/BLANCHE 30       6th=

EARLE HAWKES        22       7th

BRANDON BR/BACH   20        8th

SPRING GUN

BRIAN ANDREWS      33     1st=

ROB DYER               33     1st =

IAN RITCHIE            25     2nd

Congrats to all shooters who attended hope you enjoyed your shoot.

Cheers for all the help

Shooter
WAGC President

Last edited by shooter1 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:48 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
shaqa

PostSubject: Re: GP SERIES RD3 WAIKATO RESULTS   Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:45 pm

Some good efforts there. Well done Brian Andrews!
Where the heck are all the Wellington shooters???????
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: GP SERIES RD3 WAIKATO RESULTS   Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:37 pm

Unfortunately the GP Series is not working the way the board wanted and it never will as shooters are just not prepared to travel big distances and high expense for a day of shooting. After all, all the clubs are either north or south of the North Island.

A better way would be a North/South North Island Challenge Shoot..For instance all the clubs from Taupo North and from Taupo South have their own mini GP Series then each pick their top 10 shooters from their series winners and meet in TAUPO D/A Range on an agreed date for the finals.

This way their is only one trip away for all and we all get together on neutral grounds to shoot out the final.

Shooter
WAGC President
Back to top Go down
Andrew C - "Dingoz"

PostSubject: Re: GP SERIES RD3 WAIKATO RESULTS   Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:09 pm

shooter1 wrote:
Unfortunately the GP Series is not working the way the board wanted and it never will as shooters are just not prepared to travel big distances and high expense for a day of shooting. After all, all the clubs are either north or south of the North Island.

A better way would be a North/South North Island Challenge Shoot..For instance all the clubs from Taupo North and from Taupo South have their own mini GP Series then each pick their top 10 shooters from their series winners and meet in TAUPO D/A Range on an agreed date for the finals.

This way their is only one trip away for all and we all get together on neutral grounds to shoot out the final.

Shooter
WAGC President

Good idea. A lot of the reason why a lot of shooters won't travel is the distance, expense and let's face it, unless your a lotto winner you need to work. I'm a shift worker so I don't get every Sunday off to shoot. And to make it back to Wellington, for an ungodly hour start Monday morning, if I was to travel, is just not going to happen.

So I like the idea, of clubs holding their GP rounds where they can shoot, and then the top shooters go to the final. It's the way most competitions work. You gotta qualify to go...

Back to top Go down
RobD

PostSubject: Re: GP SERIES RD3 WAIKATO RESULTS   Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:33 pm

Wouldn't be much of a Grand Prix for springers then, it would be more like a Nationals.

All the registered GP shooters signed up and paid knowing they'd have to travel to accumulate points. There are stil 7 rounds to go, plenty of opportunity to get some points on the board.
Back to top Go down
shaqa

PostSubject: Re: GP SERIES RD3 WAIKATO RESULTS   Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:48 pm

I think if shooters are keen enough then they would find a way to get to the GP's
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: GP SERIES RD3 WAIKATO RESULTS   Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:05 pm

Well so far they are not keen enough as we have only had 1 shooter Davey travel to a shoot up North.

And unfortunately spring guns are fading out as you can see by only 3 shooters the last 2 rounds which is not likely to be any better at the Piako shoot
Back to top Go down
Andrew C - "Dingoz"

PostSubject: Re: GP SERIES RD3 WAIKATO RESULTS   Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:07 pm

shooter1 wrote:
Well so far they are not keen enough as we have only had 1 shooter Davey travel to a shoot up North.

And unfortunately spring guns are fading out as you can see by only 3 shooters the last 2 rounds which is not likely to be any better at the Piako shoot

Being KEEN has nothing to do with it.    If I could I'd shoot every round, and every chance I could get.   However the practicalities of life, the cost of travelling, and other factors prevent a lot of people KEEN or not from doing so.

But good shooting from those in the first post.

Back to top Go down
RobD

PostSubject: Re: GP SERIES RD3 WAIKATO RESULTS   Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:28 pm

Just in keeping to the topic of this thread... what a fantastic day in the Waikato! While expecting tricky wind and unsavory wet stuff falling from the sky we got the complete opposite.
Big thanks to WAGC for putting together a great course, really enjoyed it!
Back to top Go down
Davey
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: GP SERIES RD3 WAIKATO RESULTS   Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:26 pm

Hello. In the interest of public image I've moved the remainder of this topic to the shooter's area for further discussion. Feel free to continue there.

Apologies,
Davey
Reluctant Moderator
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GP SERIES RD3 WAIKATO RESULTS   

Back to top Go down

GP SERIES RD3 WAIKATO RESULTS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1