HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

An unfortunate Announcement – GP rounds 6&7 (WAG)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Davey
Forum Admin

PostSubject: An unfortunate Announcement – GP rounds 6&7 (WAG)   Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:29 pm

Posted/emailed by Davey on behalf of Terry and Stephen, WAG Officers

Greetings to all.

Subject: Cancellation of GP rounds 6&7

It is my unfortunate duty to notify all interested parties that WAG must renege on its obligations to host NZAFTA Grand Prix rounds 6&7 at the SFTL outdoor venue in Levin.
After careful discussion and consultation we have decided that the impact of recent heavy weather, flooding, and ongoing forecasts for the Horowhenua-Kapiti region mean that during this winter the venue is no longer feasible for hosting a Field Target event.

This is the first winter we have attempted to use the venue, and despite our best efforts we do not believe venue access is safe after heavy rain – at the moment access is by farm tractor or 4WD only due to the conditions. It does not make sense to ask people to walk the distance from the only other available parking near the retail shopfront.

In addition, the recent heavy rain has unsettled recent earthworks done – including the formation of the firing line, which is based on a path cut along a hill-face. We also think this would be unsafe and pretty nasty to shoot from at the moment.

For these reasons, and the inability to return the venue to standard over the winter (time, resourcing, and weather against us), we have made the decision to cancel these events.

Alternate consolation offer: WAGstravaganza! 31st July 24th July

In the light of this, and knowing the a number of people were planning to travel to the event (and to Wellington for those needing to sort international paperwork) we are proposing to hold an event on the same date at our indoor venue in Wainuiomata, so that there is still a worthwhile event to attend over the winter down here.

Our indoor venue reaches out to 50m and is weatherproof. We are proposing to hold a 100-target “FT-style” match day with prizes, BBQ, and plenty of banter. First place for PCP and Springer is a $60 petrol voucher each, so if you’re travelling you might even offset a bit of the cost!

For those wanting to make sure their rifles are set up right our venue also offers a rare opportunity to shoot out to 50m in a windless environment.

Once again, apologies about the news, and hopefully those planning to travel aren’t too put out – but it would be great to see you down here anyway for what we think will be a grand old time.

Kind regards,
The Wellington Airgunners Club

Last edited by Davey on Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nunga

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate Announcement – GP rounds 6&7 (WAG)   Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:56 pm

thats a shame I was looking forward to the trip down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kiwiairgunners.co.nz
Andrew C - "Dingoz"

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate Announcement – GP rounds 6&7 (WAG)   Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:20 pm

nunga wrote:
thats a shame I was looking forward to the trip down.

Come down for the Alternative. Going to be an awesome day shooting.
Back to top Go down
Davey
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate Announcement – GP rounds 6&7 (WAG)   Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:47 pm

Having chatted to some people, there's the possibility we may move the WAGstravaganza a week earlier, to Sunday the 24th.

I will confirm this weekend.
Back to top Go down
nunga

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate Announcement – GP rounds 6&7 (WAG)   Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:16 pm

okay so let me see if i understand this correctly. (I just had another read of the post) you guys are canceling the GP rounds but have organized another shoot with prizes and 100 targets to shoot as to the 50 in the normal GP rounds and still can shoot out to 50m indoors?

Im finding it a little hard to get my head around this and i dont really understand the logic behind it. so please forgive me if i am misunderstanding this......You have an alternative location that you could easily use to host the GP but you decided to ditch it and set up a totally new event?....am i missing something here?
Back to top Go down
Davey
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate Announcement – GP rounds 6&7 (WAG)   Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:24 pm

Ian, unfortunately the alternative location is our indoor venue, hence why we can't use it as a GP round - it's an indoor match.
Back to top Go down
nunga

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate Announcement – GP rounds 6&7 (WAG)   Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:36 pm

i cant find anything in the rules that say you cant use an indoor range Smile
Back to top Go down
nunga

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate Announcement – GP rounds 6&7 (WAG)   Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:42 pm

I have a question. rounds 6 and 7... will they be hosted by another club or held at a later date or is the plan just to ditch the two rounds?
Back to top Go down
Davey
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate Announcement – GP rounds 6&7 (WAG)   Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Hi Ian,

That's not really up to me, I'm just passing the message on from the WAG team. If they are getting rescheduled I imagine NZAFTA will make that offer.

re: Indoor, checked with NZAFTA and WFTF and yes it's not mentioned but it's implicit, and WFTF have said "The thing you always have to remember about the rules of FT is that we don’t have rules to cover everything. Rules only get written when someone does something that everyone else feels shouldn’t be allowed."

WAG aren't being interested in being the cause of the addition of an explicit rule where "FT ranges must be outdoor". Doesn't do any good for us or NZ's reputation if we give other people that headache.

Hence why we're running it as a standalone event. Plus we can push the reducers out a little further to compensate for lack of wind etc that way.

Cheers,
Davey
Back to top Go down
Davey
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate Announcement – GP rounds 6&7 (WAG)   Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:09 pm

Davey wrote:
Having chatted to some people, there's the possibility we may move the WAGstravaganza a week earlier, to Sunday the 24th.

I will confirm this weekend.

Confirmed, the indoor event is moved to Sunday the 24th of July.
Back to top Go down
Carlostrophe

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate Announcement – GP rounds 6&7 (WAG)   Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:50 pm

I think that's something that we need decide very soon (who can take on 6/7). I can't see why it can't be indoors though
Back to top Go down
Davey
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate Announcement – GP rounds 6&7 (WAG)   Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:44 pm

I checked with Bri S @WFTF as part of the options we considered before making this call, he reckons it's a no go.
Back to top Go down
Dajo

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate Announcement – GP rounds 6&7 (WAG)   Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:36 am

2. Shooting Range.

2.1 Terrain.
For field target shooting events a suitable field/forest terrain should be identified and prepared. This terrain should ideally allow for a course of 25 lanes each with 2 targets to be erected per lane (total of 50 targets per course).

DaveJ.
Back to top Go down
robcawood

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate Announcement – GP rounds 6&7 (WAG)   Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:18 pm

A question... I see Round 9 of the SFTL league is being held at 643FT on the 17th July.

Is there any reason why 643FT can't be used for GP Rounds 6 and 7?

Rob

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate Announcement – GP rounds 6&7 (WAG)   Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:27 pm

Yes, it is not available.

DaveJ.
Back to top Go down
nunga

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate Announcement – GP rounds 6&7 (WAG)   Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:34 pm

hey guys whats going on with round 6 and 7? has it been decided who will host this yet? it is only two weeks away now and this should be on the top of the list of things to sort out...or are you guys just hanging off till the shooters get back from the worlds so they dont lose any points?
Back to top Go down

An unfortunate Announcement – GP rounds 6&7 (WAG)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1