HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

PcP National Final Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shooter1

PostSubject: PcP National Final Results   Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:14 pm

We could not have wished for a better day for a National final, a perfect Labour weekend Sunday and it was great to feel the sun burn again.

Looking over the course this morning not only was it looking picturesque but my prediction of a 45-46 or better seemed to be on the cards.

After the briefing everyone looked keen to get on with it, the weather was perfect and within 10mins it was all go.

Throughout the day we had a few stoppages as usual but all in all I think the day ran well and everyone enjoyed the course, and the course I set was to cater for everyone thus a high prediction..I could well of set a world class course with a possible winning score of maybe 35-38 and believe me you would really have to work to get that.

But I personally don't think we are ready for courses like that just yet so a gradual progression in difficulty is how I see it.

At the end we had a number of shoot offs to determine final places and these were well fought out for and all involved deserved their place.

Their were 6 Steyrs today 5 in International and myself in HP which Im proud to say I won and to my knowledge a Steyr (correct me if Im wrong) has never won a National Championship until now!

Final Results

International

1  Natali Terbalnche             47 (after shoot off)

2  Rob Cawood        Steyr    47

3  Hennie Braytenbach         45 (after shoot off)

4  Carl Robinson       Steyr    45

5  Andrew Ng                      45

6  Brandon Syme                 44

7  Andy Evans                     43 (coin toss)

8  Andrew Jergens    Steyr    43

9  Jeoff Hietbrink                  43

10 Davey Lum         Steyr     41

11 Maurice Hedger               37 (coin toss)

12 Alex Magon                     37

13 Andrew Collins     Steyr     35

14 Nick Hill                          26

HIGH POWER

1  Brian Furth     Steyr  45 (after shoot off)

2  Brian Andrews         45

3  Charlie Wilkins         36

4  Earle Hawkes          25

5  Dave Johnson         21 (dnf  malfunction)

Longest shot string:   Rob Cawood 38, not far behind was Hennie Breytenbach, Brian Furth, Natali Terblanche and Andrew Jergens all with 33, and if Geoff Hietbrink had not of missed target 26 his string would of been 42 that's fantastic shooting!

Most problematic target 26, 9 from 14 missed it! a 25mm reducer at 27yds

Congratulations to all shooters today and over the whole weekend and we hope you all enjoyed yourself, the course and the setting!

Spring Gun results from day 1 on an earlier thread.

The Falcon M18 Scope kindly donated by Charlie Wilkins (fireandsteel.co.nz) was won by Carl Robinson. And thanks to Ben from Gun City Hamilton for his donation of prizes!

All the best for Xmas and see you all sometime next year.

Shooter
WAGC President

Last edited by shooter1 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:15 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Davey
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: PcP National Final Results   Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:28 am

Thanks for a great weekend's shooting Brian, I enjoyed it very much and enjoyed shooting round the course with yourself and Andrew.
Back to top Go down
scout

PostSubject: Re: PcP National Final Results   Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:05 am

Likewise Brian to yourself and all those from Waikato involved in getting the course ready for the day, a thoroughly enjoyable days shooting.
Was nice to meet a bunch of new faces and catch up with several of those from past Nationals, a pat on the back for Waikato Air Rifle Club for hosting an excellent event.
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: PcP National Final Results   Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:46 am

Davey wrote:
Thanks for a great weekend's shooting Brian, I enjoyed it very much and enjoyed shooting round the course with yourself and Andrew.

Cheers Davey, likewise it was great catching up and shooting with you mate

Brian
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: PcP National Final Results   Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:47 am

scout wrote:
Likewise Brian to yourself and all those from Waikato involved in getting the course ready for the day, a thoroughly enjoyable days shooting.
Was nice to meet a bunch of new faces and catch up with several of those from past  Nationals, a pat on the back for Waikato Air Rifle Club for hosting an excellent event.

Cheers Geoff

Great to see you again and glad you enjoyed yourself, that shot string was brilliant mate, keep up the good work

Brian
Back to top Go down
Pauly5

PostSubject: Re: PcP National Final Results   Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:30 am

Looks like everyone had a good time, with some good scores being posted. Well done!
Back to top Go down
Andrew C - "Dingoz"

PostSubject: Re: PcP National Final Results   Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:17 pm

Yes, I have to say well done to Waikato, for all their hard work in making the weekends shooting go smoothly.

For me personally it was a fantastic experience, as it was my first Nationals. Having had the Steyr in bits on Friday after having a new reg and valve installed due to a problem, I was a bit nervous as to how my results would turn out. I got a personal best of 24 hits in a row, and was happy with my final score. Sets the baseline for me to improve upon in the up coming shoots.

Great to put faces to names, not only from here on the Forums, but to meet those who are not on here.

So again thank you everyone for a great weekend. Looking forward to many more. Smile

PostSubject: Re: PcP National Final Results   Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:56 pm

Dingoz wrote:
Yes, I have to say well done to Waikato, for all their hard work in making the weekends shooting go smoothly.    

For me personally it was a fantastic experience, as it was my first Nationals.    Having had the Steyr in bits on Friday after having a new reg and valve installed due to a problem, I was a bit nervous as to how my results would turn out.        I got a personal best of 24 hits in a row, and was happy with my final score.     Sets the baseline for me to improve upon in the up coming shoots.

Great to put faces to names, not only from here on the Forums, but to meet those who are not on here.  

So again thank you everyone for a great weekend.   Looking forward to many more.  Smile

Cheers! Great having you here Andrew and now that Steyr is flying will no doubt see you again sometime.

Brian
Back to top Go down
robcawood

PostSubject: Re: PcP National Final Results   Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:39 am

Yep, thanks to all for a great days shooting. Nice to meet the guys from the Wellington region.

Hopefully see you guys on the 19th and 20th November for the GP finals... does anyone know where this will be shot? I need to find accommodation etc. Will both days be shot at the same venue?

Regards

Rob

PostSubject: Re: PcP National Final Results   Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:20 pm

Thanks to Waikato for hosting a good Nationals.

Weather was amazing. Great to see some old faces and meet some new ones.

Would have definitely preferred a more challenging course seeing that this is nationals but hey it was fun and really enjoyable knocking some targets down after a 2 month break after Worlds.

See you all again soon I hope!

(Rob I am with you need to see some info for GP shoots down wellington way, I might go and shoot it)
Back to top Go down
Andrew C - "Dingoz"

PostSubject: Re: PcP National Final Results   Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:04 pm

robcawood wrote:
Yep, thanks to all for a great days shooting. Nice to meet the guys from the Wellington region.

Hopefully see you guys on the 19th and 20th November for the GP finals... does anyone know where this will be shot? I need to find accommodation etc. Will both days be shot at the same venue?

Regards

Rob

It's on. Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PcP National Final Results
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1