HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

NZ SPORTING RIFLE FIELD TARGET CHAMPIONSHIPS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shooter1

PostSubject: NZ SPORTING RIFLE FIELD TARGET CHAMPIONSHIPS   Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:50 pm

NZ SPORTING F/T CHAMPS

Saturday 15th April 2017..Start Time 9.30am

Waikato Air Gun Club Range, Airport Rd, Hamilton

Entry by email and bank deposit prior to the 7th April midnight $25.00, on the day entry $35.00

Tea/Coffee available but bring food and water.

Run by WAGC the rules below apply so please take note!

NO TARGET RIFLES WHATSOEVER, SPORTING/HUNTING RIFLES ONLY.

No Hampsters or Adjustable Cheek Pieces

No Intended shooting Jackets nor any type of gloves or knee pads

Adjustable Butt Pads allowed but No Butt Hooks

Cushions allowed but No kneel rolls

Any factory Sporting Pcp or Spring Rifle up to 28ft/lb allowed, 177 or .22cal only, and any scope.

No Separate Spring Gun Class

Prize Money in excess of $500

Other prizes depending on entries received

Spot prizes

Any doubt re a rifle just email me a pic and I will confirm as soon as I can.

Any further info contact:

Shooter
Email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by shooter1 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
slyrod

PostSubject: Re: NZ SPORTING RIFLE FIELD TARGET CHAMPIONSHIPS   Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:29 pm

Oh Yeagh...bring it on. Well done Waikato this should be a cracker Easter.
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: NZ SPORTING RIFLE FIELD TARGET CHAMPIONSHIPS   Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:42 pm

Hope so, just wanting good numbers to enter now!
Back to top Go down
Minox

PostSubject: Re: NZ SPORTING RIFLE FIELD TARGET CHAMPIONSHIPS   Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:51 pm

Hi Brian,

Can you tell me the specifications for the scope please. Also are we allowed a shooting cushion?

Sounds like a good event, I'm definately interested in coming.

Thanks

Andrew
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: NZ SPORTING RIFLE FIELD TARGET CHAMPIONSHIPS   Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:14 pm

Yep cushions allowed,no kneel rolls and any scope.
Back to top Go down
Pauly5

PostSubject: Re: NZ SPORTING RIFLE FIELD TARGET CHAMPIONSHIPS   Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:34 pm

This sounds great Brian. I would love to be there, but my timing, is bad as our family is going away the next day, so unfortunately for me I can't make it. I hope you get a good turnout.
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: NZ SPORTING RIFLE FIELD TARGET CHAMPIONSHIPS   Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:57 am

Thanks Pauly....Me too!
Back to top Go down
nunga

PostSubject: Re: NZ SPORTING RIFLE FIELD TARGET CHAMPIONSHIPS   Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:30 am

how did it go?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kiwiairgunners.co.nz
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: NZ SPORTING RIFLE FIELD TARGET CHAMPIONSHIPS   Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:35 am

A non event, no entries at all...very little interest!

Brian
Back to top Go down
nunga

PostSubject: Re: NZ SPORTING RIFLE FIELD TARGET CHAMPIONSHIPS   Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:39 pm

Thats a shame, but this is happening across the board i think, numbers and interest are down everywhere in all the clubs at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kiwiairgunners.co.nz
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: NZ SPORTING RIFLE FIELD TARGET CHAMPIONSHIPS   Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:41 am

Yep it's a shame, just wonder when the BOGS and President will realise this and step in and do something!
Back to top Go down
Carlostrophe

PostSubject: Re: NZ SPORTING RIFLE FIELD TARGET CHAMPIONSHIPS   Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:44 am

Hi Brian,

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a turn out for your shoot.

In respect to the BoG's and President part on your last post however, I am not really sure what you mean. We have (as you know) already started the GP series as both a Northern and Southern League. The turnout so far has been 20+ individuals. Some of these are of course non-GP individuals but that is good as it means that we have attracted individuals who still wish to take part in such events and will likely be GP entrants next year. A number of paid GP entrants were also not included in these 20+ individuals as they were unable to make the first of the Southern and Northern GP shoots due to whatever personal circumstances kept them away.

The AGM was only 5 months ago and I certainly remember commitment that also included the RGB's to try and make the sport bigger through clarity of what was and what wasn't happening in their respective clubs. I am really not sure what more we can do?

Please be rest assured that as far as what is happening, no RGB is by any means in the dark.

Perhaps you should fully coax the WAGC members to feel fully at ease in attending the GP series even though it is too late to actually register. The more shoots that they attend away from your normal club days, the more the competition spirit remains at a high for the future of our sport.

Also, for everyone's FYI, Rob Dyer and myself have had a chat and are going to further chat in regard to an additional event that will open to all NZAFTA members. This will involve a set of qualifying rounds (which could include GP's or Club Opens/Championships) and then a knockout final. Basically following the same procedure as the 'Showdown' in the UK.

I can absolutely assure you that your thoughts on behalf of WAGC to make the sport increase will definitely be taken very serious.

Andrew and Hennie, please do feel free to add anything else you see fit here.

Much appreciated,

Carl.
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: NZ SPORTING RIFLE FIELD TARGET CHAMPIONSHIPS   Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:55 pm

I totally understand what you are saying Carl but NZAFTA is not only about the GP Series, it seems we only cater for the top shooters and it's not good enough.

We have had 7 new members all returning each shoot as I have organised 2 seperate courses one for the better shooters and one for the beginners and it works a treat as rivalry is right up there already.

Putting them in with the top shooters is not good for moral, flash jackets, gloves and rifles puts anyone off, the way I'm doing it they all have the equivilant equipment and some are already making the choice to upgrade...that wouldnt of happened if they were comparing their scores to the better shooters.

I have dedicated this year to the new members and our club and its really working as once again I will try to get an interclub shoot between us and North Harbour which will include junior and less than one year shooters.

I want to build numbers in 1 year and hopefully other clubs do the same so nzafta can move ahed instead of the stalemate we are in with only the top dedicated shooters keeping it alive.

There is always a reason why new ones don't come back and what I got from our new ones is they have a seperate course to just do whatever they like (supervised of course) in thei own time and to progress just when they are ready and already 2 have moved over with us.

There must be another way to get all the clubs together, like the Gp series in Auckland is basicly just North Harbour shooting against each other, and down south the same.

Brian
Back to top Go down
Andrew C - "Dingoz"

PostSubject: Re: NZ SPORTING RIFLE FIELD TARGET CHAMPIONSHIPS   Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:04 pm

"There must be another way to get all the clubs together, like the Gp series in Auckland is basicly just North Harbour shooting against each other, and down south the same."

This is how the GP series has been formatted for this year.    Following on from all the comments received from the AGM, around non attendance at last years GP, where the main factor was TRAVELLING.   And from club level suggestions.    The main focus was getting people attending events locally so as to not incur large amounts of travelling expenses, or impact on family and work committments.  

So far this year, we have had a 125% increase in attendance at GP shoots.   Clubs that are participating in the GP's.  Have had new shooters at these events as well, which is fan bloody tastic.     It's not just the experienced going to these.    So I don't follow the comment that NZAFTA is only catering to top shooters.    Any member of any club, and I'll use WAG for example is free to come to any event.   If a newbie to the genre of FT was to come to a GP we hold or any other club level event.  Then they will be looked after by one of the more senior people there.   Advice given, gear tested, etc etc.    No one is excluded.   Everyone turns up and has fun, and learns, competes with one another.   I am so glad that when I started I was not excluded from shooting with some of the top guys,  I've learnt so much from them.  Did not hurt my confidence or my willingness to return.    What got me hooked was the comraderie, and the willingness of the guys to show me what was what, let me have a go with their gear, and be provided with advice and encouragement.    

There was an Easter shoot for Springers held in Palmerston North.   People from Tauranga, and further North came, even had an Australian there as well.     There are more events being planned for the year.  (notifcations will go out).   Again events which will be open to anyone, regardless of skill level.  

WAG have several new members presenting on a regular basis this year, and a few of them are making progress into getting gear for FT.    As above, they are not being restricted from participating, but encouraged to attend everything they want to.    Hook Line, and in the bucket goes another fresh FT shooter  Smile

Great to hear that you have new members for Waikato.   Hope to hear more about,from them in the future.    

Change, progress, improvements will not happen overnight, or rapidly, but they will happen with positivity, and a team effort.    

Let's keep throwing ideas, constructive suggestions into the mix so we ALL have a hand in growing.  

Cheers

Andrew

PostSubject: Re: NZ SPORTING RIFLE FIELD TARGET CHAMPIONSHIPS   Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:33 pm

That sounds positive and hope it keeps going that way, I for one didn't know about the spring gun shoot at Palmy...I wonder why when we all suppose to be advised so we can encourage our members to go.

Maybe you will have to make direct contact with club reps in future.

Brian
Back to top Go down
Andrew C - "Dingoz"

PostSubject: Re: NZ SPORTING RIFLE FIELD TARGET CHAMPIONSHIPS   Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:51 pm

shooter1 wrote:
That sounds positive and hope it keeps going that way, I for one didn't know about the spring gun shoot at Palmy...I wonder why when we all suppose to be advised so we can encourage our members to go.

Maybe you will have to make direct contact with club reps in future.

Brian

Don't worry about that you didn't know about the Springer Shoot. It was organised privately, and by word of mouth, had nothing to do with NZAFTA. I simply used it as an example that shooting events are being organised around the country. And that people from all over are attending. And this is something that NZAFTA will be doing during the coming months, and into next year.

I will shortly have a newsletter going out with, comings goings, happenings, info etc. Which will be going to all the clubs, and I will seeking input from all the clubs as well.

So if you have any juicy tidbits of info or helpful tips tricks for beginners, feel free to email me and I'll include them in the newsletter...

Cheers

Andrew

PostSubject: Re: NZ SPORTING RIFLE FIELD TARGET CHAMPIONSHIPS   Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Will do cheers!

Brian
Back to top Go down

NZ SPORTING RIFLE FIELD TARGET CHAMPIONSHIPS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1