HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

2017 Nationals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nunga

PostSubject: 2017 Nationals   Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:23 pm

Hello everyone. This year’s Nationals will be held at The Piako venue which is located at 569 Tauhei Road Morrinsville. As per usual there will be a big red flag at the gate.

Springers will be on Saturday 21st October and PCP Sunday 22nd

The event will be run under NZAFTA Rules but PARPA local rules apply. There will be a 50 target course set with 25 lanes so we will be shooting through without a brake.

No smoking during the competition please

Chronying…and classes….

We will be doing things a little different this time.  The results of the Crony on the day will determine what class you will be in. If you are over 12lbs you will be put in the high power class, if you are under you will be 12lbs. this is regardless of what you have registered for so make sure your rifle is putting out the power to match what class you have registered for!

Sighting in for both days will be from 9am till 9:45am followed by chronying of all rifles.  Briefing starts at 10:15am shooting will begin at 10:30.

Please note; there is a .22 and 28lbs limit for high power rifles

There will be no PCP shooting on Saturday at all, so please do not ask. Also, There is no sharing rifles!

At the competition of both days there will be a BBQ after prize giving, tea/coffee and cold drink will be available throughout the day.

Prize giving for each class will be on the day after the shoot, with the AGM to commence after prize giving on Sunday

Costs and classes plus Cut Off Dates.
$25.00 single day or $40.00 for both days.

PCP 12lbs
PCP High Power

Springer 12lbs
Springer High Power

There will be trophy's for 1st through 3rd in each class plus the highest total score for lady shooter.

Registrations Close when the sighting in rage closes at 9:45am on the day of each shoot, You must be paid up in full before the registrations close. Also, if you have prepaid for one day and would like to shoot the second day you just have to pay the extra $15.00 by 9:45am of the day of the shoot.

For those who want to pay in advance please email me ian@kiwiairgunners.co.nz and deposit funds into the following bank account. 03 0371 0269383 00  Please provide your full name and class you want to shoot in and how many days.

See you all there!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kiwiairgunners.co.nz
wyseyes

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:25 pm

OK, so what the the "PARPA local rules apply" then?
Need to know before the shoot, as an unknown rule cannot be enforced without prior knowledge.
Where can everyone find the PARPA local rules?
Back to top Go down
nunga

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:19 pm

Ha. funny you want to nit pick on this. I could say EXACTLY the same thing to you when your lot host your events and you guys say EXACTLY the same thing. where are your rules located?
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:48 pm

In reply to this so called Nit picking thing.

The reason why I said local rules apply was that the owner of the property did not want us smoking and leaving cigarette butts laying around nor did he want anyone having a leak behind the shed or where and campers or his kids could see! Also no Animals..dogs etc!

The other thing he demanded was the strict speed limit through the camp, nothing at all to do with the shooting rules.

I was asked by a few at the Nationals and also explained at the brief.

Brian

Last edited by shooter1 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nunga

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:00 pm

Brian, Im not the one asking the questions about your local club rules, never did. Im just trying to figure out why all of a sudden our club rules are such a big deal? and coming from someone in your club who will not be at the nationals anyway and hasn't shot in a event for how many years?

We too have properties on the border to our venue. Most of our club rules relate to cars moving down the neighboring drive way and pointing guns in the direction of their properties...But as you know, all of these rules are always explained before the shoot during the briefing!!
Back to top Go down
wyseyes

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:13 pm

It's not the local venue rules I'm worried about, every site is different.
Are there any local shooting rules that will be imposed that no-one knows about?

I seem to recall an issue about a rifle rest at the shooting line that was suddenly "not allowed due to local club shooting rules", but couldn't be verified via documentation.
If it is all local venue rules, like Brian's, then all is fine
If there are local shooting rules which guests need to abide by, what are they?

Oh, and don't have a pick at medically disadvantaged shooters. That is un-sportsman-like behavior, and does not belong in this shooting community.
Back to top Go down
nunga

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:52 pm

Im sorry but i have no idea what you mean by medically disadvantaged? Who is medically disadvantaged and how am i having a dig at them? Are we both talking about the same thing?
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:18 pm

What Michael is saying re having a dig at Medically disadvantaged shooters is, the reason he does not shoot the Nationals as he has big problems with his eyes at distance and just cant compete, that's why he doesnt attend the Nationals.
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:59 am

I must admit that when I was medically disadvantaged at the 2015 Grand Prix Finals in Auckland with my hand Dave Johnson and Nunga were very supportive on that occasion.

I think Michael read Nungas reply the wrong way just because he said he doesn't attend the Nationals, In fact Nunga had no idea Michael had eye trouble and was not referring to him as Medically Disadvantaged.

This now needs to end

Brian
WAGC President
Back to top Go down
wyseyes

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:07 pm

I'd actually like an answer to the question

What are the local shooting rules (if any).
Then no-one gets any surprises on the day.
Back to top Go down
nunga

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:37 pm

This event will be run under NZAFTA. Our local rules that will apply are only to do with course safety and neighboring properties which i have already stated.
Back to top Go down
Andrew C - "Dingoz"

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:40 pm

**** Wooot Nationals.

So excited. Smile

Nunga : sent you my registration fee for 1 day. Can you confirm when able you have received please.

Andrew Collins : PCP 12ft class.

See all you lead chuckers there. Smile

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:38 am

yeah mate got it all good
Back to top Go down
nunga

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:25 pm

Good afternoon everyone. I am just letting everyone know we will be hosting a spring gun shoot on the sunday along side with the PCP guys next weekend during the nationals. this shoot will be held separate from the nationals so there is no medals or anything like that. the idea behind this is to try to get more people into field target shooting and at the same time it will give anyone with a spring gun a chance to shoot both days because we are special Smile. This will be a open event, this means it is open to anyone with any type of spring gun. bring your kids with the farm gun and have a go. entry is $10.00 per shooter and a percentage of the entry fee goes into the pot and winner takes all. Note this is not a sporter shoot. It will be run under normal field target rules. there is a power limit of 30lbs and .22 max.

Hope to see you all there!
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:01 pm

While I totall disagree with the idea..Wouldn't it be better to have on Saturday when there will be less shooters and make it an all spring gun day??

Away from other shooters.

Shooter

Last edited by shooter1 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wyseyes

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:11 pm

I suggest you reconsider.

This event, the Nationals, is the peak of New Zealand's's elite Field Target shooters, competing for the highest title this sport has to offer.

The last thing you need is an open day, with "kids with the farm gun" and "have a go".  The FT competitors have been practicing, and will be trying to concentrate, this is their chance to win titles. The last thing they want is some kid in the next lane, slowing progress, hitting out of lane targets, and generally inhibiting the competition.

You want to throw it open to the novices, learners, and any yokel who chances by?
Learners need to be coached on the line, by someone who knows the safety and rules, and process of shooting FT.  Club shoots are when you hold the open day.  Not New Zealand Competition shoots.

Some History:
In the past, there have been attempts at this, I recall one at North Harbour.  Some inquisitives rolled in off the street, they asked if they could "have a go".  Some fool let them into a group, and other groups were evened up.  The whole event was extended and delayed due to these novices wasting time, the lanes were backing up, and the competition shooter in that group got distracted to hell. That year's NZAFTA president hasn't been seen since.

Then it was decided that to shoot in the Nationals, one had to Qualify, by shooting well at qualifications during the year.  It was badly organised, and managed, so the next nationals was a bit of a flop.

Since then, the member clubs have long had the understanding that the National Final event (and indeed even Qualifying shoots) was open to only club members only. Definitely not novices.

If you want an open day, hold an Open day.  If you want a Sporting day, hold a sporting day.
Don't try to tag it alongside the biggest competition the sport has, just because it is set up for the day.  Hold it some other day, not the Finals weekend.

I doubt you'd find any other rep sport that would even imagine or consider this on their yearly National New Zealand Final Competition.
Back to top Go down
RobD

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:26 pm

Ian, you say this will be separate from the nationals...are you implying there will be a separate course and set of marshals to run an event separate from the pcp nationals event?

You cannot in any way have non competition shooters mixing with the competitors. Remember this is an NZAFTA sanctioned event and rules must be adhered to. Format must also be as agreed at last years AGM.

Either have another course for non-competitors far enough away that they don’t affect the competition or schedule such a have-a-go day at some other time. If there are people you know who are interested in getting involved in the sport then by all means invite them to watch but competitors must not be distracted.
Back to top Go down
slyrod

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:52 pm

Okay this withering hobby sport needs 'cree8tive ideas' but this is a fucken joke.

Carry along like this and I will dress in drag & take out the ladies special prizes!
Back to top Go down
nunga

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:56 pm

lets just forget about it then, i was just the messenger.
Back to top Go down
slyrod

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Apologies for my wee profanity, that I will not edit.....can I please suggest that our 2 top recoil shooters who attended Wales, badly need competition.

I have no qualms with them also shooting on the PCP Sunday, with their battering rams.
Back to top Go down
Andrew C - "Dingoz"

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:02 pm

slyrod wrote:
Okay this withering hobby sport needs 'cree8tive ideas' but this is a fucken joke.

Carry along like this and I will dress in drag & take out the ladies special prizes!

Please don't - I have to travel with you, and the thought of you in a dress make me slighty concerned for the drive up....Smile

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:03 pm

Least of your worries 'dingling'....have you forgotten we are also sharing the bed for 3 nights?

Anyway... keep your eyes off my crotch & on the ride ahead!

Last edited by slyrod on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andrew C - "Dingoz"

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:07 pm

slyrod wrote:
Least of your worries 'dingling'....have you forgotten we are also sharing the bed for 3 nights?

Oh hell no lolz The bed I will be in will be in a different room, with a lock on the door.... Smile

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:11 pm

That's no lock on the door...it's my damn wig you insensitive SOB afro
Back to top Go down
Carlostrophe

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:57 pm

Right ok people.
PIAKO are absolutely in their right to allow Piston shooters to also shoot on the Sunday with the PCP crew.

They will commence the course 30 - 60mins after the PVO shooters and thus allowing PCP to freshly painted targets.

They will take nothing away in the way of the prizes meant for PCP shooters although, they can compete for a $prize pool that will be set in the day and based upon the number of entrants.

There will be NO "give it a go" opportunity during the major competition times for non-NZAFTA members not anyone else in general for that matter. PIAKO do however do have the full rights as registered club - to allow families etc to indeed "give it a go" after each session and of course, adhering to all Firearms Safety Rules.

Why can't people just ask question as opposed to just butting in and trying to knock heads with people for what were otherwise just good thoughts and ideas?
Back to top Go down

2017 Nationals
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next