Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Carlostrophe

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:58 pm

PCP not PVO Smile
Back to top Go down
Andrew C - "Dingoz"

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:31 am

* Just as an aside. I will have Go Pro's and my camera going at the Nat's. I am collecting photo's and video footage for a "Youtube presentation" and for promotional project. If you don't wish to be included, simply let me know when you see me with the cameras, and I wont film or take your photo.

Smile

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:28 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Carl.

To all,
Please do not assume that Ian was at fault here. The idea of springers being allowed to also shoot Sunday was brought forward to the Board and what was agreed could have been communicated a little better to the event organisers.
As Chairman of the Board I apologise for the confusion.
The intent was for springer shooters who are not shooting pcp to enjoy shooting on the Sunday prior to attending the AGM. I do hope you find the guidelines communicated by Carl last night to be fair and acceptable.

Have a good week and I look forward to seeing you all next weekend.

P.s. can't wait to see what you've been building Ian and Alex!
Back to top Go down
robcawood

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:53 am

Hi All

I know this is a bit close to Nationals, however I think we should incorporate the GP finals into Nationals if the Northern and Southern "Teams" are going to be in attendance.

The idea is not for a separate shoot, just that whatever you score at Nationals goes to the North v South comp.

I know a separate event has been spoken about with February as a possible month, I am just not sure whether either the North or South would get a full team together to travel for this event... hence the reason for asking.

So what is everyone's thoughts on this? We don't even have a format yet, i.e. how many PCP's and Springers make up the teams. Will either region get that number to travel for a separate event?

Like I say, it is probably a bit late to start this and possibly it should be a separate thread, so just throwing it out there.

Regards

Rob

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:08 am

It's never to late for a constructive idea..

Great idea...

As most all GP competitors will in one place at the same time so why not make the most of the situation...as Rob says it will also close the issue of where and when the GP finals will be held and a saving of time, travel and cost to all competitors.

Shooter
Back to top Go down
Dajo

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:27 am

Unfortunately, the Southern GP Series is yet to be completed and not all of our shooters can attend the Nationals so we would rather leave it until we have shot our last round and completed our competition.

DaveJ, KukuFTC.
Back to top Go down
robcawood

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:30 am

OK, no prob... just thought it was worth asking.

Maybe we should start a separate thread on what format it will take, i.e. how many shooters etc. So that people can start thinking about travelling for it.

Also work on a location etc.

I guess we can discuss it a bit more this weekend.

Rob

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:32 am

robcawood wrote:
OK, no prob... just thought it was worth asking.

Maybe we should start a separate thread on what format it will take, i.e. how many shooters etc. So that people can start thinking about travelling for it.

Also work on a location etc.

I guess we can discuss it a bit more this weekend.

Rob

Agreed, this weekend could be the time to sort the GP Final.

DaveJ.
Back to top Go down
RobD

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:40 pm

Hi All,

Please be reminded that there will be chrono checks during the competition, not just at registration.

Notice to all PCP shooters
You must have your firearms licence with you, you will be asked to present it at registration on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Andrew C - "Dingoz"

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:46 pm

Good afternoon all.   Nationals Day 1 Report.

The day dawned all cloudy and threatening to rain, and a breeze started to develop.  

The eager beaver springer shooters arrived, and out came all the sticks on the sighting in range.  

It was onto the chrony station next.   (I shall have pellets there at the start next time).   But everyone chronied okay, as per their chosen class.    

Out onto the course, and the wind had picked up considerably.  

Piako has set 3 distinct areas for this Nationals, and each area has different wind angles.   So it was a challenging time for everyone.  

A few stoppages to start with, not due to faulty targets, but rather the grass on the course was a bit long in places, and there were a few branches which had fallen down obstructing a couple of targets from being seen properly.   As stated at the Prize giving, I appreciated everyone's patience and understanding while these were fixed.    (Target 39's, visibility will be fixed for Sunday).  

The wind played mischief with everyone today, over the 50 target course.  

The results:

Springer High Power :

Shoot off between Earle Hawkes and Ian Ritchie, with Earle taking it.

1st. Earle Hawkes  27
2nd. Ian Ritchie (27) 2nd after shoot off
3rd. Brian Andrews 24
4th. Brian Furth 20

Springer :

1st. Rob Dyer  37
2nd. Andrew Jurgens 31
3rd. Paul Blades 23
4th. Brandon Symes 22
4th. Dave Johnston 22

End of Day 1.   PCP Sunday.   With those springer shooters wishing to shoot on Sunday as well, able to, however will be starting after the PCP shooters.

Thank you to all the shooters, and to Piako for the day.

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:03 pm

This is what happens when your spring lets go, guess I was lucky to get 20

Shooter
Back to top Go down
RobD

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:47 pm

Bugger! Of course these things only happen at the most inconvenient time!
Hope you get it sorted out soon.
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:01 pm

Cheers,

Been in touch with overseas and its happening because Im converting a HP rifle to 12ft/lb without changing the stroke...working on it now!

Shooter
Back to top Go down
Pauly5

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:28 pm

Boing!
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:05 am

I hate that sound bounce !
Back to top Go down
Andrew C - "Dingoz"

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:07 pm

2017 Nationals Day 2 Report.  

Day 2 dawned sunny and warm. #%#W@& No it didn't, it dawned cloudy, windy and with rain clouds threatening to dump on us at any moment.  

PCP Competitors started arriving, and the clouds grew ever more menacing.   The breeze also started picking up, and ended up being a constant factor all day.   A few km's an hour stronger than day 1.   Although at times, shooting area 3 had little to no wind.  

Just before the briefing started the clouds decided this was a good time to send down the rain.   So it was on with the wet weather gear, and time to get started.  

15 shooters for the day, all lined up at their respective starting lanes, and began to shoot in windy and rainy conditions.  (* We love it * )

Sunday saw Brett Nixon making his first appearance in a while.  Good to see the shoulder is recovering.   Raewyn also braved the conditions and was out amongst it, completing the 50 target course in good time. Smile  

Rob Dyer shot PCP on Sunday, having been lent a spare off Paul Blades, a HFT500 sporting a T50 Scope.   Paul had brought a small arsenal with him, so Rob took the offer to shoot it.    (There wasn't a click chart to accompany the scope, as Paul hasn't had it for long, so Rob spent a few minutes on the sighting in range, obtaining 3 different ranges, before running out of time).    Rob shot extremely well with no click chart, and first time using the rifle in windy conditions.   I was partnered with Rob, and I scored him after my rifle malfunctioned.   It was a great display of shooting technique, and I'm sure his score would have been higher if he had had a complete and accurate click chart.  Well shot Rob.

Only a couple of stoppages for day 2.  And these were resolved in quick time.   All competitors were finished and off the course by early afternoon, which was fortuitous, as we ended up with 2 Shoot Offs to conduct.  1 to determine the winner of PCP 12ft Class, and the other to determine 2nd place for PCP HP.  

Rob Cawood and Carl Robinson faced off for the 12ft class.    Both getting their sitting shots down.   Kneelers next.   Rob C put on a fantastic display of position hold, and trigger discipline as the wind was buffeting him around for a few minutes, however he held the rifle up in position like it was glued there.   Nailing the shot, to a round of applause from the spectators gathered behind.   Carl up next to face the kneelers, and unlucky to not strike the killzone on his.   Rob C taking out the win.   Well shot to both, and a well deserved win for Rob.   (Carl able to ride in Rob's car for the ride home to Auckland)

Next up was Brian Andrews and Brandon Symes, for the shoot off to decide 2nd place for PCP HP.      Again both gentlemen scoring 1 apiece on the sitters, and moving onto the kneelers.     Brian shot, and again was another masterful display of control in the buffeting wind.  Brian getting both of kneelers down.    Onto Brandon's turn, and Brandon usually has to take his kneeling positionals standing, due to surgery on his knee, but he grinned (well grimaced really), and got himself into a kneeling position.   We could all see the pain in your face Brandon, so well done on getting into position.   Would have been an extremely challenging shot standing. Brandon squeezed off his shots, connecting with one killzone but was unlucky to not connect with the second, so Brian was the victor in the shootoff, taking 2nd place for the HP class.    Well shot and congratulations to both.  

So we all headed back to the pavillion (shed), for some hot food and prize giving. And of course the AGM

Again a big thank you to PIAKO for hosting the Nationals.   And to everyone for helping to pack down the course afterwards.  

The results.  

PCP High Power

1st - Brett Nixon  - 39
2nd - Brian Andrews (after shootoff) - 36
3rd - Brandon Symes (after shootoff) - 36
4th - Earle Hawkes - 30

PCP 12ft Class

1st - Rob Cawood (after shootoff) - 40
2nd - Carl Robinson (after shootoff) - 40
3rd - Rob Dyer - 37
4th - Dave Johnston - 33
5th - Paul Blades - 32
6th - Maurice Hedger - 30
7th - Scott Townsend - 29
8th - Artie Felton - 23
9th - Raewyn Magon - 20  Taking out the Top Lady Shooter's Trophy
10th - Andrew Collins - Withdrawn due to mechanical failure

I'd also like to mention - Artie Felton who took out the trophy for the most improved shooter for 2017. Well done Artie.

End of Nationals 2017.   Again thanks to Piako for the great weekend.

I will post photo's soon.   Credit to Scott Townsend for taking photo's of some of the action for us.

Last edited by Andrew C - "Dingoz" on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nunga

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:09 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.kiwiairgunners.co.nz
Pauly5

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:19 pm

Was a great time. Thoroughly enjoyed the competition, thanks to the hosts.
Back to top Go down
Andrew C - "Dingoz"

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:13 pm

Carl.  The face says it all.  During the shootoff.

Rob, enjoying the Wind with his springer

Brandon kneeling in the shootoff

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:45 pm

Brandon and his yellow canary Smile

Ian Ritchie knocking some over with his springer.

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:57 am

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:58 am

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:01 am

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Nationals   

Back to top Go down

2017 Nationals
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2